The best type of store window displays?
Coming up to Christmas every shop and brand is competing for your attention through eye catching store window displays. This is the season to be merry and we all like to be as generous as we can and show our appreciation to others. This means that the stores on the High Street are ready to take your hard earned cash with a whole array of tempting merchandise. Traditionally the stores become festive and more spectacular and this starts at the store windows to entice you in. The best type of store window display is the one that grabs your customers attention and gets them into the store.
Eye catching window displays
Company's like us at shimmerwalls are helping bring to life retailers and brands creativity to enhance their products and be more visible to the passing shopper. The aim is to catch the customers attention and inviting windows is the first thing that can grab the customers attention. We make sure our shimmerwalls have some airflow so they shimmer and their movement catches the light. This captures the customers attention.
Urban Decay London. An example of great store window display.
10 Tips for a great store window display
1. Have a store window display that moves, this grabs your customers attention more than a static installation. (Use fans on your display if there is no natural airflow if you have a shimmerwall)
2. Use seasonal colours and themes. A simple idea but even a small change to your store windows can be more appealing to even your most regular customers.
3. Make sure your store window displays are updated regularly. Nobody wants to see the Christmas decor in March. This will make your store look current and interesting.
4. If you have a special product promotion in-store, then consider starting the display in the store windows. Visual Merchandising that is repeated throughout the store encourages a customer to buy.
5. Use your store window display as your billboard. If you have the luxury and advantage of large storefront windows then use them as a billboard as they can then even be visible from drivers going past.
6. Make sure your windows are well lit. This not only means well-lit but lighting that enhances the products.
7. You are creating a visual story so make sure your customer can see the products by ensuring they are at eye level. Go out onto the pavement and check how the window looks to your audience.
8. Be creative as you only have a split second to stop your customer and get them to look into the store window display at your products. If the window is interesting enough the customer will come into the shop where your visual merchandising theme needs to run through. If you need some inspiration have a look online, we really like the http://www.retaildesignblog.net
9. Have one focal point of the store window display. Do not try to promote too many products in the same window, the customer will not know what they are really looking at. Pick one or two product and promote that.
10. Last but not least, give us a call at shimmerwalls if you need to achieve the above but need help.
PS. keep an eye out for some of the great Christmas displays we have supplied to our valued customers :)
This entry was posted on November 18, 2016 by Shimmerwalls.